04 July 2009

Happy Independence Day!!

Let Freedom Ring!! I want to wish all Americans a Happy 4th of July Independence Day! Enjoy good food, good fun, good music, and great fireworks! And don't forget that a lot of us animals do not like the loud booms and bangs of fireworks. So if you are shooting off fireworks and/or attending a fireworks show, please be sensitive to your pet and the other animals around you. Take care to put your pets in a safe and secure place where they will be comfortable and where the noise of the fireworks will be at a minimum. Today is also a good day to reflect that freedom is for ALL living creatures of Earth, not just human beings. We should all work together to guarantee that all animals and all humans are able to live freely, peacefully, and respectfully in this world. You can do your part by not supporting products that are tested on animals and not supporting companies that conduct research on animals. Buy cruelty-free products and if you eat meat, buy meat that has been humanely raised and slaughtered. Or hunt the meat yourself. Nothing says "I am a part of Nature" than hunting and gathering your own food. Unless you are hunting me, then I say head to the supermarket. I am a predator, which means I go after prey when I am hungry. Usually I need go only a few steps to the back deck where my food bowl is kept. But sometimes my food bowl is empty and my tummy is growling, and then my predator instincts really take off. Those kung fu bunnies better be careful when I am hungry! I'm just sayin'...

6 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy FoURth my mal pal!

I hope woo had a grrrrreat time with K!

Mom heard that Banshey (one of her other Sibes that lives with the ex) snagged a baby robin the other day - rut roh!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Teddy Westlife said...

Hey Suka, I hope you had a good 4th of July and there were no nasty fireworks near you.

I think maybe you should chase the kung fu bunnies every day, just for practice.

Huffle Mawson

Tiki and Mowzer said...

i got my OWN blog!
http://mowzerland.blogspot.com/

(tiki will get one too)
--
Mowzer

Tiki and Mowzer said...

i, too have my own blog.
http://tikisdomain.blogspot.com/

--
Tiki

Tiki and Mowzer said...

I THINK KITTY SHOLD GET A BLOG!
why do you call him/her icky kitty?

Parsley said...

Suka...I still don't see your updates. I didn't know you posted these new ones. Oh well. I found ya! Happy tails :o)