31 October 2011

Happy Halloween!

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
(excerpt from “The Premature Burial,” a short story published in 1844)

~~ Edgar Allan Poe, American Author, Poet, Editor, and Literary Critic, 1809-1849

Now it is the time of night
That the graves, all gaping wide,
Every one lets forth his sprite
In the church-way paths to glide.
(from “A Midsummer Night's Dream,” 1590-1596)

~~ William Shakespeare, British Poet and Playwright, 1564 – 1616

Thank you so much my super, amazing, sweet friends, for all your wonderful comments and concern during my much prolonged absence. I have truly missed you all very much, and am very sorry I have not responded to those of you who left me such kind comments (blame K). I am happy to be back (yay!) and am very excited to visit all of you! Now, brace yourself for my scary Halloween post. Boo!

CEMETERY 1:

This is a rather lovely cemetery. Very peaceful. And quiet.

Who's there?

Who's making that noise?!

Oh, hi K. What? No, I am not hiding.

~~ MOMENT OF BEAUTY ~~

John Henry Fuseli, The Nightmare, circa 1781 (Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, Michigan)

Edvard Munch, The Scream, circa 1893 (National Gallery, Oslo, Norway)

Back to me...

While yet a boy I sought for ghosts, and sped
Through many a listening chamber, cave and ruin,
And starlight wood, with fearful steps pursuing
Hopes of high talk with the departed dead.
(from “Hymn to Intellectual Beauty,” 1817)

~~ Percy Bysshe Shelley, English Romantic and Lyric Poet, 1792-1822

On Earth as vampire sent,
Thy corpse shall from its tomb be rent:
Then ghastly haunt thy native place,
and suck the blood of all thy race.
(from “The Giaour,” 1813)

~~ George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron (aka Lord Byron), English Poet, 1788 – 1824

CEMETERY 2:

I don't have a good feeling about this cemetery either, Silvius.

I really don't want to go in there.

*sigh

How's this?

Tell Silvius to stop crying. He is freaking me out!

Hey! Why does Silivus get to hide, I mean sit, in the car?

This is spooky.

Can we go now?

Extra treats for a few more photos? O.K.!

What was that?!

And what's that?!

I'm outta here!

Hope you all have a spooky, scary, and fun Halloween!

Cemetery 2 was very freaky. Silvius kept crying and wanted to get into the car, and once inside, he would not come back out. I was brave, and did my photo shoot, but leaving could not come soon enough! It is not that I am a scaredy-cat, quite the opposite! I am a very brave and courageous dog! However, when confronted with ghosties and ghoulies, I think it best to scram! I'm just sayin'...

34 comments:

Chicco said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Suka!!!! Finally you're back! I missed you! I hope all is well.
Well, what to say? Amazing post!
I love all the photos, so scary, you've had a lot of courage to go to these cemeteries.

Have a happy Halloween, dear friends.
Woof, woof,

Chicco

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Oh Soooooo Happy to see a blog post. Missed you. Oh my you are brave ... Happy Halloween. Have a safe FUN Howl-o-ween! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

The Daily Pip said...

Suka!!! You are very brave. I wouldn't be caught dead in a cemetery (bawahhahaha, that was a little halloween humor). But seriously, you were very brave. The cemeteries by us all have coyotes (real ones, not ghosts) so that's a bit creepy as well!

Your pal, Pip

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

BWHahahaha....

Hap-Pee Howl-O-WEENIE!!!

:o)

WFT Nobby said...

Hi Suka
Great to see you back. But what a scary post. I am hiding behind the sofa already...(and it's only just starting to get dark).
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

rottrover said...

Hi Suka,

Thanks fur dropping by the blog today and saying hi. We'll be your newest followers.

-Bart and Ruby

fromsophiesview said...

Too cool Suka...Happy Halloweeeeeeener!!lol

Duendes said...

Hello,
HAPPY HALLOWEEN DAY.

Hugs

Remington said...

So nice to see you again! Those were some pretty scary pictures, my friend....Happy Halloween!

Oskar said...

It's great to see you. I do not think I would care to take a photo shoot in a creepy old cemetary. You were brave!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

White Dog Blog said...

You were so missed! Hope the world is once again spinning in its proper path and that the Universe is showering you and yours with blessings. Please send word.

Those cemeteries were VERY scary... we were so worried that something would rise up out of the ground to leap from behind a tomstone. You are super brave (and so is Silvius even for riding along). We LOVE black and white photos; they heighten the emotion.

Alfie said...

yay! My whimpers came true, my friend is back! :) Looks like you had an eventful halloween! I hear that some scary people are going to come to our door. Hope they have treats....:D

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Suka, so very good to see you, and thanks for stopping back our blog. We wondered where you had gone to, but we are so happy to see you again. Hope all is well with you and Mom.

Happy Howloween to you.

Boos and Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Joan Princing Art said...

Hooray Suka's Back!!!! And safe and sound too after visiting that spooky cemetery. Even though it looked spooky boy oh boy are those headstones ever cool or what. They look SO OLD, and there were stones propped behind them! Neat!
Glad to have you back!
Sending you a zillion hugs,
Joan & Little Janie Poo
(and just for the record....I'm a 'stay in the car' kinda pup myself ... you are SO brave.)

Joan Princing Art said...

P.S.

Love your photos! They are awesome and most definitely set the mood for spookiness!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are the most pawesome Halloween treat!

Welkhome Bakhk Handsome!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Bailey Be Good! said...

I hope you had a very safe and happy Halloween!! Did ya get lotsa treats? ;)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

bbes tribe said...

Suka, Sooooooo glad to see you back. We missed you a LOT. That was a brave thing to do visiting those cemetaries on Howloween especially. Thanks for visiting.
Hope you got some xtra special treats for going there to pose and check it out.
Tailwags
Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

Berts Blog said...

Boy Suka you were brave. Most our humans don't realize that we, with our very special noses can smell a lot more to a cemetary than meets the eye.

Do ghosts smell? well.....

YOU BET.....so if you were worried, it was with good cause.

Not all ghosts are fun like Casper......

whew....yes, you are brave....I think I would have dragged my Vickie right out the front gate and down the street.

Loved the pictures

Bert

Tanner and Beth said...

Suka!! good buddy! Welcome back. The Cemetary looked cool. Ours don't allow dogs so I have never been to one.

Puppy Kisses,
Tanner

Selba said...

Hi Suka,

The cemeteries look beautiful! A bit different than ours here in Indonesia.

Happy Halloween! Did you get a lot of tricks or treat?

Licks,
Adele, Vincent & Bella

Jon Terry said...

Suka my pal, you're back!!!
I miss you lotsa, lotsa n lotsa!!!
I see you have decided to come back out with those scary photos..LOL
Honestly, you were brave and those photos looked really great!
You must get K to reward you handsomely for having you to go through all that photo shoots, how about a big bone? ^^

Have a great weekend!

Love ya,
Jon Terry

Peggy Frezon said...

You were brave to visit a cemetery! Kelly visited one a few weeks back on the blog, too. Turns out we have a president buried in our local cemetery! But mostly, we don't like going near there if we don't hafta!

Bailey Be Good! said...

Happy Thursday woofs & hugs! <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

White Dog Blog said...

Friday is the Blog Blast for Peace day around the world...will you join us?

Thinking of you and K and Silvius and Porgy and sending White Dog Army woos of positive energy.

Teesha and Bindie said...

So glad your back. we missed you. Great photos but verry scary

Teddy Westlife said...

Nice to see you back, Suka. I've missed you!

GRAÇA said...

My girlfriend even though you lap because I was getting worried about you, miss you had many
I am very afraid of cemeteries, you are very brave
Good weekend and many of turrinhas girlfriend and kisses from mommy
Kika

FiveSibesMom said...

Suka, welcome back!!!!! Oh, your pics were spooky! Especially those cool black & white ones!

Hope your Howl-o-ween was fun one. Now...don't go away again for so long, okay?

Ruger said...

Hiya Suka,

Fanks for visiting my bloggie. That was a fery good idea to go wif your mom to git sum Halloweeenie picktures at the cemetery. We hopes your brofer is recovered from visiting that second one?
You knows sum feeerrrry spoooky poems & stuffs too.
Mumma is gonna put your bloggie on my blogroll so we can come by & visit wooo again.

Slobbers
Ruger

Maxmom said...

Hey there Suka...
Prowling a cemetry? Brrrr...(Maxmom shivers uncontrollably) You are much braver than me :)
A belated 'Happy Halloween'. Hope you had a good one.
Thank you for being my blogging buddy. Glad that you are back...keep blogging.
Lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Adien Crafts said...

yay Suka's back!! We missed you and are sooooo pleased to see you, we love the spooky stories. Our Mom spent halloween NIGHT in a cemetary - now that's spooky!! Dex and Lou xxx

Anonymous said...

Suka! That was one spooky scary tour your furever hooman took you on! :O Thinkin I would have stayed in the car with Silvius! :)

Thanks for stoppin by to wish me a Happy Day! :) Together we raised $53 for my shelter. Wahoo!

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Welcome back, we missed you!