24 August 2008

Mr. Thicket

I saw the orange cat again tonight on my walk. He was sitting under the little tree, watching his owners, father and son, play catch. This time orange cat noticed me, and crouched down like he was ready to attack me. Ha! I showed him, though - I walked right past him all nonchalant, paying him no attention. I wanted to chase him but I am waiting for a sneak attack. I am going to use my newly acquired stealth technique and surprise orange cat with a chase. That day will come. Anyway, thinking about orange cat made me think about Mr. Thicket. That is Mr. Thicket above in the photo. He is one of the animals we are watching during our house/animal sitting gig. He is about nine years old and was found in a thicket (hence, the name) down in Southeast Texas, near the Louisiana border. They think he had been caught in a trap because his back legs are permanently disabled and he hops like a bunny. Mmmmmm....bunny....Oh, sorry. Anyway, if you see him walking away you might think it is a bunny because he looks just like a bunny hopping away. Mmmmm....bunny....Oh, sorry again. So anyway, Mr. Thicket is still afraid of me. Why, I don't know. I have never tried to hurt him or growl at him. In fact, I pretty much ignore him. I have only chased him a few times and only because he instigated it. You see, sometimes when he sees me in the house he will get into his defensive posture and start to hiss. Well, to me that says, "time to play!" So I get excited and do a play bow. That makes Mr. Thicket even more defensive which gets me even more excited and wanting to play chase. I then start to make funny happy noises and that is when Mr. Thicket will take off running, or hopping, and the fun begins! I have never caught Mr. Thicket, though, because K always intervenes. Dumb K, she ruins all the fun! K tells me to leave Mr. Thicket alone. I have tried to express to K that it is Mr. Thicket who always instigates the play chases and I am just obliging him. I mean, if a cat is going to get in defensive posture and hiss at me, I am more than happy to honor his request for a chase. I'm just sayin'...

4 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

Mr Thicket looks like a nice kitty. I think you should leave him alone and concentrate on your tactics for getting the mean orange cat.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Suka

We can teleport over and help you chase them cats, that would be fun. Or, to protect your soul, you could give Mr. Thicket and Orange Cat to HellDog. He takes bribes.

Desert Pups

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day

I'm just doing a quick visit today 'cause I have so many places to go and things to see. I'll come back for a longer stay soon.

Cheers

Charlie

Fishers Washing Machine Repair said...

Great read thanks